Back to Uni with Jess & Zander
Back to Uni is around the corner! Whether you’re starting your first year or heading back to a campus, it’s time to turn a fresh page and start semester 1 on the right foot.
We sat down with two of our Platypus Chadstone team members, Jess and Zander, to give you the low-down on #unilyf along with any tips they’ve picked up through the years.
What are you studying at Uni and how are you enjoying it so far?
Jess: I’m currently in third year Law and I absolutely love it! It’s definitely a lot of work, but anything is manageable when you’re passionate about it!
Zander: I’m studying a double degree of Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Design and love the atmosphere of being at Uni.
What are some of your Uni survival tips?
1. Make sure to take notes during your seminars and ask as may questions as you can. Your teachers are there to help you so don’t be afraid to put your hand up because it’s the best way to learn.
2. Make sure to give yourself plenty of time to complete your assignments, and don’t leave them to the last minute (even though it’s tempting!)
3. Remember to always pack snacks for Uni because you can get quite hungry sitting in a three hour lecture ;)
1. Get involved! You really get what you put into Uni.
2. The hierarchy of Uni life = Study, socialise, sleep and repeat.
3. Just because you’re on a budget, it doesn’t mean you have to miss out. Be money savvy and spend what you have on things that matter.
If you could go back in time, what advice would you give to yourself when you were in first year?
Jess: Don’t be afraid to join in all the different clubs and put yourself out there. You’re not going to be in Uni forever so enjoy the time you have and make as many friends and memories as possible.
Zander: Stop being shy and jump into it hard. Everyone else is in the same boat as you!
What does your day-to-day Uni outfit look like?
Jess: My go-to outfit is some jeans paired with a cute t-shirt and jumper or jacket if it’s cold. Just something super casual, but still stylish, especially if you’re going to be at Uni all day.
Zander: You’ll see me in an oversized T-shirt with a black denim jacket, my favourite pair of ripped jeans compete with my Timberlands and a beanie of course.
What are your go-to kicks for Uni and why?
Jess: Personally, I love wearing my Reebok Club C 85's. They’re super comfy for when I have a full day of classes and I can basically match them with any outfit. I also love my adidas Continental 80s – they’re another shoe that can go with any outfit and make a statement on they’re own.
Zander: My go-to Uni kicks are 100% my Timberlands 6-inch Premium Waterproof Boots in Wheat. Rain hail or shine, they always pull through and withstand the beating I put them through. They’re the perfect one-shoe-fits-all option for when I go straight from Uni to a Friday night out.
And don’t forget, we’ve partnered up with UNiDAYS to offer a 15% off discount on full-price product.