HOW TO WIN:
- 1. Purchase any PUMA Sneakers at Platypus Online or any Platypus Retail Store in Australia or NZ
- 2. Enter your details in the form below, include your receipt/order number of your recent PUMA purchase.
- 3. Enter before 07/03/2017 so you don't miss out
- 4. Sit back, relax and enjoy some Sake until the winner is drawn
“WIN A SHOPPING TRIP TO TOKYO JAPAN WITH PUMA AND SNEAKER FREAKER!” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian and New Zealand residents aged between 18 and 40 years old who have an Instagram account.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, participating Platypus Shoes retailers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. Promotion commences on 15/02/2017 at 9:00am AEDST and ends at 11:59pm AEDST on 07/03/2017 (“Promotional Period”).
5. To be eligible to enter, eligible individuals must purchase any PUMA footwear product from any Platypus Shoes retailer in Australia or New Zealand during the Promotional Period. To enter, eligible entrants must then, at the point of purchase, provide their full name, contact phone number, Instagram account name and a valid, current email address to the Platypus Shoes staff member. The Platypus Shoes staff member will print two (2) purchase receipts – one to accompany the entry and one for the entrant to retain as proof of purchase. Alternatively, entrants can purchase any PUMA footwear from www.platypusshoes.com.au and fill in the requested details when prompted to receive an entry into the promotion.
6. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process including but not limited to tampering by way of use of techniques designed to avoid the payment of SMS costs or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
7. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one entry permitted per transaction (regardless of the number of PUMA footwear products purchased in that transaction; and (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
9. Entrants must retain their original Platypus Shoes purchase receipt(s) for all entries as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for all entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of an entrant’s entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify the store of purchase and that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period but prior to entry.
10. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
11. The draw will take place at Handling Matters, Unit 1, 3 Green Street Brookvale NSW 2100, on 29/03/2017 at 1.00pm AEDST. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. The winner will be notified by telephone and in writing, within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published in: Platypus Instagram: (https://www.instagram.com/platypus_sneakers) Platypus Website: (https://www.platypusshoes.com.au) Platypus Facebook: (https://www.facebook.com/platypusshoes) Sneaker Freaker Magazine: (https://www.sneakerfreaker.com) Sneaker Freaker Instagram: (https://www.instagram.com/sneakerfreakermag) Sneaker Freaker Twitter: (https://twitter.com/snkrfrkrmag) on 31/03/2017. In the event the winner is a resident of SA their name will also be published in The Australian on the same date.
12. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The first valid entry drawn will win a trip for two (2) adults to Tokyo, Japan valued at up to AUD$10,000 depending on point of departure. Prize includes:
- 2 x return economy airfares from the winner’s nearest capital city (if winner resides in Australia) or from Auckland Airport (International), New Zealand (if winner resides in New Zealand) to Tokyo, Japan;
- 3 nights twin share 4 star accommodation;
- return private car transfers from airport to accommodation in Tokyo, Japan;
- AUD$100 pier diems (i.e. a meal allowance per person per day – AUD$400 in total per person); and
- AUD$1000 spending money for the winner only.
Additional spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. Prize must be taken between 17/05/2017 and 20/05/2017 and is subject to booking and flight availability.
14. Prize must be taken to coincide with the dates above with flights departing on 16/05/2017 and is subject to booking and flight availability. The winner and his/her companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the prize. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. The winner may be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation check in.
15. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
16. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason the winner does not take the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
17. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
18. Total prize pool value is up to AUD$10,000. Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
19. A draw for the prize, if unclaimed, may take place on 13/04/2017 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winner will be notified by telephone and in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published in: Platypus Instagram: (https://www.instagram.com/platypus_sneakers) Platypus Website: (https://www.platypusshoes.com.au) Platypus Facebook: (https://www.facebook.com/platypusshoes) Sneaker Freaker Magazine: (https://www.sneakerfreaker.com) Sneaker Freaker Instagram: (https://www.instagram.com/sneakerfreakermag) Sneaker Freaker Twitter: (https://twitter.com/snkrfrkrmag) on 18/03/2017. In the event the winner is a resident of SA their name will also be published in The Australian on the same date.
20. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
21. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
22. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia or any statutory consumer guarantees as provided under consumer protection laws in New Zealand (“Non- Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
23. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non- Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) taking of the prize.
24. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner (and his/her companion) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
26. The Promoter is PUMA Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 52 050 539 501) of 111 Keys Road, Moorabbin, VIC 3189, telephone 1800 185 675.
27. By entering this competition you agree to receive marketing communications from Platypus Shoes. Your details will not be shared or sold to any other party unless for product delivery after a purchase.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/11087 ACT Permit No. TP17/00159 SA Permit No. T17/147