Competition Terms & Conditions
This competition has ended.
Congratulations to J. Renshaw (QLD) who has won a $1,000 STA Travel Voucher!
Authorised under NSW permit no: LTPM/17/02409; ACT permit no: ACT TP 17/02146
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia and New Zealand. However, employees and their immediate families of RCG Corporation Limited and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.
3. The competition commences on 1st November 2017 at 09:00 (AEDT) and concludes on 17th December 2017 at 23:59 (AEDT) (Promotional Period)
4. The competition will be advertised on our website, via email and through stores & social media.
5. To enter each draw, participants must:
- Sign up to email marketing in any Platypus store at point of sale. Provide requested details including (but not limited to) a valid email address and first name.
- Sign up to the Platypus email list via the website or sign up form. Input requested details including (but not limited to) a valid email address and first name.
- Existing members can enter by updating their online profile details by clicking on the ‘Update your preferences’ link (or similar) in the Platypus email footer.
- Submit the fully completed form.
- Upon form submission the entrant will be automatically entered in the draw to win the respective Platypus Prize.
- Entry is only open to Australian and New Zealand residents who are 13 years and over. Entrants under the age of 18 must have parent or legal guardian approval to enter.
- Incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
- Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be considered ineligible.
- Entrants in the competition may only enter once per email address
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- Entries must be received by 17th December 2017 at 23:59 (AEDT). The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
- Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party will be invalid.
- The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependant on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider.
- There will be (1) winner.
- No part of the prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable.
- Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize are not included. Any unused balance of the voucher will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the voucher is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the voucher.
- Total prize value is up to AUD$1,000.
- Prizes cannot be transferred and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- If the prize(s) is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the Promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
- Once prizes have left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
- By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
- In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with RCG Corporation Limited or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
- Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
- If the competition winner is under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or legal guardian on behalf of the winner.
- Each valid entrant who signs up the Platypus email list during the promotional period will be entered into the respective brand’s competition draw. Nine (9) winners will receive prizes as per the table below.
Draw Date & Time
Unclaimed Prize Draw
$1,000 STA travel voucher
02:30 pm AEDT
19th December 2017
02:30 pm AEDT
19th January 2018
29. Each valid entrant who signs up to the Platypus during the promotional period will be entered the respective brand’s competition draw.
- You must stay subscribed to the Platypus email list to be eligible to win, and also remain subscribed at the time of the competition redraw if a redraw occurs in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry.
- The draws will take place at Accent Group Pty Ltd, 2/64 Balmain Street, Cremorne, VIC 3121, Australia at 02:30 pm AEDT on 19th December 2017, using computerised random selection. The winners will be notified by email or phone and within 2 days of the draw. The winner will also have their details published on the respective Platypus website within 2 days of the draw.
- If any particular draw is scheduled on a public holiday, the draw will be conducted on the following business day.
- Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. mobile phone account holder or land line account holder).
- Should an entrant’s contact details change during the Promotional Period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
- Subject to any direction given under relevant State legislation, an unclaimed prize draw will take place at Accent Group Pty Ltd, 2/64 Balmain Street, Cremorne, VIC 3121, Australia at 02:30 pm AEDT on 19th January 2018, using computerised random selection. The winners will be notified within 2 days of the draw. The winners will be notified of their prize by email or phone and will have their details published on the Platypus websites within 2 days of the draw.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- RCG Corporation Limited and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. All opt-in entries will be entered into a database and The Promoter may use the entrant’s names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opting-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact the Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to the Promoter.
- Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements the Promoter will only publish the winner’s surname, initial and state. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
- The Promoter is RCG Corporation Limited ABN 85 108 096 251, 719 Elizabeth Street, Waterloo, NSW 2017, Australia. Ph: 02 8310 0000
Authorised under NSW permit no: LTPM/17/02409; ACT permit no: ACT TP 17/0214
FIND THE FRESHNESS COMPETITION
- ‘Find the Freshness’ unique stickers will be displayed at random in Platypus stores during the promotional time of 6th December 2017 to 24th December 2017.
- Customers must find and remove the unique display sticker from its hiding place at any Platypus store to win.
- Customers must bring the unique display sticker to the counter to redeem their $100 Fresh Holla-days Voucher.
- Each Platypus store will only house one sticker/voucher for the duration of the competition being from the 6th December 2017 to 24th December 2017.
- The voucher is not redeemable for cash. The voucher is valid from 6th December 2017 to 30th March 2018 at any Platypus Concept store in Australia. Only valid on full priced items. Not valid online. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer. Not redeemable for cash.
- Accent Group Limited employees are ineligible to win.